Josephinelmakeup

Monday 31 August 2015

Summer Eyes | Lime Crime Venus: The Grunge Palette


My favourite palette for the last few months has consistently been Lime Crime Venus: The Grunge palette. Whilst I love a good Naked palette I also can't resist warm browns, oranges and reds. Sometimes you just need a break from the standard. The palette may look a little daunting at first but I was surprised by how versatile it is. Shades such as Shell and Aura make for a trustworthy shimmery light wash over the eye whilst Muse and Icon make for an amazing dark red super smokey eye. 

As excited as I am already for the autumn and winter months I realise it is still technically summer (I say on a standard rainy bank holiday) and fingers crossed a sunny September is coming up. This palette is perfect for something a little brighter and bolder to suit the sun, plus looks perfect with a little added glitter - why would any sensible person not add glitter? 





For this peachy sunset-esque eye look I first patted the golden pink shade Shell over the the eye lid. I made sure to only cover the immediate surface of the eye as this isn't the colour I want to take up to the brow bone. I then grabbed the shade Rebirth and lightly applied this is a sweeping motion around the upper edge of the eyelid blending as I went along with shell to create a seamless transition. This creates a lovely glowing ring of colour around the top of the eye, pulled slightly under the eye also. I then used some lovely bronze glitter (I've had my little pot so long I couldn't tell you where its from but lots of brands do a similar product). I patted this over the centre of the eyelid and under the eye up to the inner corner. For once I took the brave step and decided against winged eyeliner and went straight to the false eyelashes. Here I used a combination of Ardell Demi Wispies and Eylure Urban Tropics Concrete Jungle lashes.

Hopefully, one day soon we'll actually have some sun that lasts long enough to match this look!


No comments:

Post a Comment